Animations do not work for me, in slide show

B

bgarceau

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have followed the instructions to add simple animations to an object in my presentation. WHen I click on the preview button on the Custom Animation tab within the Toolbox I can see a preview of the desired effect.

However, when I then preview the entire presentation and get to that slide, the slide appears with the object on the screen but with no animation applied. Clicking on the remote to advance the presentation proceeds to the next slide, and does not animate the object as I expected and have been able to do previously with PPT on Windows.

Thanks!

B

bbolin

Bgarceau,

The preview button will animate the whole sequence regardless of your timing, start option, effects, etc. Slide show mode is where you will see that something is not set quite right or conflicting with another setting, which might be the issue here.

What exact animation are you trying to accomplish?
Are all the effect options i.e., timing, triggers, speed, start, etc set correctly?
Are the Set Up Slide Show and transition settings correct?

Maybe you need to delete the animation/s and restart the computer, then add the animation/s again! Sometimes that is what it takes.

Bren

B

bgarceau

Hi Bren,

I checked the settings you mentioned. This is where I discovered that for some reason the Set Up Show|Show without animation was checked.

Once un-checked everything worked as expected.

Thanks so much Bren!!

Ask a Question