Animations suddenly require 2 mouse clicks

R

ronah

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

When testing a slide show, every time I apply an entrance animation to a text box, it requires two mouse clicks to advance to the next text box or slide. I've tried stripping all animations and starting over, I've tried inserting all new text boxes, and I tried starting with a new file and putting in new text boxes and copying and pasting the content from the old file, all with the same result. I'm starting with a .ppt file, as it must be transfered to an older Mac with an older version of PowerPoint. However, these problems are happening before I make that transfer, as well as on the other Mac after I transfer the file. I've searched for a setting or an exit animation that might have been applied and can't find anything. This is a problem that has just recently shown up, so I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

N

Nancy_[MSFT]

Hi, I have a few questions.
1. does this same problem happen using a new file? Does it happen on any older file...or just on one particular file?
2. Could it be that you may have an empty textbox lurking on the slide that has an animation on it (thus you wouldn't be able to see it?)
3. Do you have 2 slides that look exactly the same (thus you have to click twice but it looks like the slide hasn't changed)?
4. Maybe 2 textboxes right on top of each other?
5. Does this happen when you create a new slide on the ppt file and create animations on it?
6. Does it happen when you animate a shape (on this particular slide)?
7. Are you using textboxes or the placeholder on the slide?

Just some things I was thinking of...please let me know if any of this helps! Thanks!

Nancy
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

R

ronah

Hi, I will answer after each question below. I have checked for all of these things (except trying with a shape), but here is some additional information: this has happened since the latest software update, and one of the animations I chose, dissolve, doesn't work at all.

Hi, I have a few questions.
1. does this same problem happen using a new file? Does it happen on any older file...or just on one particular file? It happens with all files, existing ones and with new ones.
2. Could it be that you may have an empty textbox lurking on the slide that has an animation on it (thus you wouldn't be able to see it?) Nope, I checked for those by doing a select all, deleting everything on the slide, and then starting fresh.
3. Do you have 2 slides that look exactly the same (thus you have to click twice but it looks like the slide hasn't changed)? No
4. Maybe 2 textboxes right on top of each other? No (see test on question 2).
5. Does this happen when you create a new slide on the ppt file and create animations on it? Yes, I created a new slide then as soon as I added animation, it didn't work.

N

Nancy_[MSFT]

Hi again, one more question. Does this problem still occur when you advance animation using the keyboard, like hitting enter key, or right arrow key or "n" key? (seeing if it is a mouse click problem...)

thanks
Nancy
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Ask a Question