[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now

M

MarcosM

Version: 2008

Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is now live! This release fixes the issue where some users were unavailable to open some PowerPoint (.pptx) & Excel (.xlsx) files. The release is available for English versions today, August 6, and other languages will be available soon.

To download please visit: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>

M

MarcosM

One additional note: This release is intended to patch 12.2.0 only. If you have uninstalled 12.2.0, you will need to install it first. If you use the Auto Update feature, both updates will be listed.

Marcos Montenegro
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft Corp.

This posting is provided *AS IS* with no warranties, and confers no rights.

B

bspielman

Marcos,

Actually, the two updates, 12.2.0 and 12.2.1, are listed separately--a minor point.

Brickbats where called for and compliments also when called for: The 12.2.1 update does, indeed, fix the problem of PowerPoint v12.2.0's inability to open some XML files.

Thus, thank you for aggressively pursuing this fix.

However, the fact that Microsoft even issued this update is its tacit admission that this was a Microsoft problem and not a user problem, despite the comments of many of your "volunteers" here.

This whole experience of making this initial problem known on these forums, and the snide, derisive, dismissive reactions of many of the "volunteers" here makes me think that Microsoft needs to re-evaluate and clarify their role and the impression they provide of Microsoft itself. Whether or not this site is "owned" by Microsoft, it is clearly labeled as a place where "The MVPs and other volunteers here welcome not only questions but comments, feedback, and criticism." That "welcome" is definitely not always the case, as the "defense-mode" of many of the "volunteers" has so obviously illustrated.

So, once again, I, for one, appreciate getting the Office 2008 problems cleared up for now, and, frankly, I hope never to have to consult these forums again.

Burt Spielman
Madison, NJ

R

Rachid

Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is now live! This release fixes the issue where some users were unavailable to open some PowerPoint (.pptx) & Excel (.xlsx) files. The release is available for English versions today, August 6, and other languages will be available soon.

Still waiting for the French version :-(
Why is it so slow ?

C

ClioDK

Hi there

This update has not helped me one little bit. I can still not open powerpoint files that were created with the previous version of Office for Mac.

/Jan

Ask a Question