Any way to know the PRECISE indent values?

Reaction score
When I make a format search for indent values (with two digits after the comma, e.g. 0.98), it doesn't find the paragraphs with the specified values. However, if, experimentally, I deliberately set the indent values with three values after the comma, and then perform a format search also specifying the values for indent with 3 digits after the comma, the search does find that specifically formatted paragraph. Since the values in the paragraph menu are only displayed up to the second value after the comma, my question is, whether one can determine the indent value of a paragraph PRECISELY - i.e. all the figures after comma?... Thank you.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
For this kind of thing you might do better if you switch Word's unit display to points, so you can see the # points the indents actually are, and use those.

Reaction score
For this kind of thing you might do better if you switch Word's unit display to points, so you can see the # points the indents actually are, and use those.
WHAT A GREAT ADVICE!!

The points in Word are probably like pixels in Photoshop - the ultimate measurement unit? This idea has really not crossed my mind ...

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
A point is simply a unit of measurement (1/72in). Pixels have no particular dimension.

Ask a Question