apple + - (minus key for date - 4/29/10)

J

jayindy

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi experts,

Simple question, can we customize the apple plus minus key that yields a date (format is "4/29/10") so it will appear in the format below, or anything that might include the time?

"Thu Apr-29-10 9:45:44 AM"

Or is there also a apple + ? key that gives the time? This would allow me to apple-, space bar, apple? to get a date & time stamp into a cell quickly.

advance thanks, jay

For them moment I have this formula below, but I have to do a paste special to get just the value in the cell...

=" "&CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(NOW()),"Sun","Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun")&" "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm-d-yy")&" "&TEXT(NOW(),"h:mm:ss AM/PM")

B

Bob Greenblatt

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
Hi experts,

Simple question, can we customize the apple plus minus key that yields a
date (format is "4/29/10") so it will appear in the format below, or
anything that might include the time?

"Thu Apr-29-10 9:45:44 AM"

Or is there also a apple + ? key that gives the time? This would allow
me to apple-, space bar, apple? to get a date & time stamp into a cell
quickly.

advance thanks, jay

For them moment I have this formula below, but I have to do a paste
special to get just the value in the cell...

="
"&CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(NOW()),"Sun","Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun")&"
"&TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm-d-yy")&" "&TEXT(NOW(),"h:mm:ss AM/PM")
If you format the cell to contain the date format you want, then
pressing apple- will insert the date in the format desired. The time
will be 12:00:00. You can use apple; to insert a time stamp. In this
case, if the cell is formatted with the date and time, it will contain
the completely formatted date and time stamp.

J

jayindy

Cool what I've learned here is apple;, however if I apple;, space space, and apple- or vice versa the "AM" drops off :(... I can do 2 times and "AM" sitcks, but this is 80% acceptable for quick down and dirty...

interestingly if I format column in time or date, the apple- yields correct date, but time is 12:00, if apple; yields correct time, but date is 01/01/04.

bottom line is I'll format column (don't want to have to do that however) to time, or date, then apple- space bar apple; will give me "4/29/10 11:34 AM" (keeps "AM", but still requires readers to see what day of the week the 29th is)

Ask a Question