Apply Office 2003 SP1 to Administrative point

• Thread starter JLS at Caterpillar
  • Start date
J

JLS at Caterpillar

I've searched this newsgroup and have yet found anyone receiving the same error as I am when trying to install the SP1 service pack to the Office 2003 Administration point (the point from which network installations are being done). The syntax that was used was:
MSIEXEC /a <path-file-name of .msi file to be updated> /p <.msp patch file> SHORTFILENAMES=1 /qb

The Installer comes back with an error of:

Error 1914, could not schedule file <Administrative-point-path>\TBM39A.tmp to replace file <Administrative-point-path>\GDIRPLUS.DLL on reboot. Verify you have permissions to <Administrative-point-path>\GDIRPLUS.DLL

I DO have permissions to the GDIRPLUS.DLL file. And what is this about scheduling a file to be replaced on reboot? On an administrative file update?

Never ran into this type of problem when doing updates to Office 2000 administrative points, so this is a surprise to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ask a Question