Arbitrary reformatting for no reason

C

CreativeMary

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I've used Word for Windows since its inception, so this isn't new territory for me. I upgraded to Mac earlier this year and am running Office 2008 on an iMac 24, and I'm keeping current with updates.

I'm working on a 200-page book with numerous sections and styles. I'm finding that Word will arbitrarily reformat the entire document for no reason at all; sometimes it changes bullet formatting, sometimes it's fonts, sometimes it's paragraph formatting; whatever. And I've done nothing more than make a customary edit. Even when I try to change styles it'll give me something totally random that I haven't asked it to do. AND, I don't even have "automatically update" checked in the "Modify Style" boxes. I've lost countless hours, missed deadlines, and I'm tearing my hair out (it ain't pretty) - anyone else having these issues?

Thanks for any suggestions! I'll send to Microsoft if I can't find an answer here, but I'm hoping someone out there has a miraculous solution for me!

M

macropod

Hi Mary,

Your document may have become corrupt. One way of repairing such a document is to insert a new paragraph at the very end of the
document, then copy & paste all except for the new paragraph into a new document. You then close the original document and save the
new one over it.

Ask a Question