Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods.

R

rebatte

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap There was a discussion on this last summer and I tried to work with Keychain access to no avail. However, I did recall something that I had seen right after I got my MacBook Pro a few years ago. This solution was provided by Mac MVP Allen Watson. I just did this again this evening after having problems with the T-Mobile hotspot in the Crown Room but not with the wi-fi service on the flight but then promptly had the problem again when I checked in to the hotel and connected to their wireless service. Maddening as all get out. Try this. It worked for me

If you are traveling and getting error messages from Entourage when you send mail that "none of the authentication methods are recognized," or something to that effect, the following may allow you to send messages.

1. Open Entourage->Account Settings...
   2. Choose the account you are trying to use and open its record.
   3. Under Receiving Mail, click on "click here for advanced receiving options" and check the box that says, "This POP service requires a secure connection (SSL)".
   4. Check the box that says to override the port for receiving, and enter the number "995". (Entourage may enter this for you when you check the box.)
   5. Click the upper left corner of the tiny sub-window to close it.
   6. Under Sending Mail click on "Click here for advanced sending options."
   7. Check all three check boxes.
   8. Enter the port number 465.
   9. Click on the radio button for "Log on using" and enter your regular email user name and password.
  10. Click the upper left corner to close the sub-window.
  11. Close the account window, and the main Account Settings window.

Try sending mail with this account; it should now work.

Solution provided by Mac MVP Allen Watson

Ask a Question