Automatic Emails sent to my Contact Groups by Microsoft

Reaction score
I formed a new contact group in Outlook 365 for my personal use as I have many times in the past. This time, however, something strange happened. When I got tired of working on the group I saved and closed it. When I opened Outlook the next time, before I ever communicated using the group, two of the members reported that they had received email messages welcoming them to the group. Within their welcoming email was the message "For easy access, add [Group Name}NETORG12684370.onmicrosoft.com" to your contacts and save this message in your inbox." It then suggested how the contact could use the group to communicate with other members, etc. At the bottom of the email, it had the Microsoft Logo and said, 'YOU ARE RECEIVING THIS EMAIL BECAUSE YOU HAVE SUBSCRIBED TO MICROSOFT 365." I guess that means I have a Microsoft 365 subscription. I am furious! The groups I form on my computer are for my use, not Microsoft's for self-promotion. I feel that my privacy has been breached. I talked to GoDaddy and my contact/calendar management software company (CompanionLink) and they said there is no way to turn this off. I have never had it happen before, so I am asking if anyone else has experience with this and if there is a way to turn this off or block it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this is a first time unique problem. I've had 108 views on two forums over 5 days but no comments! Any suggestions in general on how to get Big Brother out of my data?

Ask a Question