automatic linking between new sheets and a consolidated sheet

M

msbk

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm working on a workbook in which I have one sheet for each project and one cosolidated sheet to quickly search among the projects by a few criteria. For each new project I simply copy one of the old sheets in order to insert a new one.

However, each time I insert a new sheet, I have to redo all the links to the consolidated sheet. The easiest way I have figured out how to do this is to copy the links from the consolidated sheet and change the sheet name reference. for example, I have each sheet named A, B, C, D. so I when I had a new sheet I copy

=B!$E$4
into the cell below and then change the letter, with the end result

=C!$E$4

and then the next one is

=D!$E$4

What I want to do is to make this process automatic. so that when I insert a new sheet at the end of the series, the links are automatically added.

another way I could think to do it would be to adjust the copy/paste functionon the consolidated sheet so that the sheet name A,B,C,D automatically changed as I copied down.

Thank you all for the continued help with this project!

Ask a Question