bringing downloaded clipart into clipart gallery

W

watsontcbc

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

It appears I have successfully downloaded the selected clipart to my Mac via Mozilla Firefox browser, and it is sitting in the Downloads folder. However, I did get an error message that said the the gallery can only be launched from MS Word, so it appears that something else tried to launch the gallery. I tried this twice - once with the Gallery already opened, and once with it no open. Got the same error message both times. So, now that the file called "Clipart" is sitting in my downloads folder, I can't seem to find any way or opening them in the Clipart Gallery, or even import them. And if I drag the file to the gallery folder in Word application, it doesn't see them.

Someone please clue this Mac new user in to how to do this in this great intuitive interface... Used to be brain-dead easy on a PC (or do Mac and MS just not like each other?)

B

Bigdog

I'm and experience Mac user running a PowerPC, OSX10.4 having the same problem. The help files provide no guidance. Anyone have a step-by-step process?
thanks!

B

Bigdog

Just found the answer further down the list. It works great! Thanks to Bob!
-------------------------------

Re: Downloading Clipart from Clip Gallery Live

Most likely your browser is causing the problem by not retaining the
extension. Once you download the file to your HD make sure it has an
extension of .cil, then just double-click it.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question