broken reference to the file "msado15.dll" version 2.8

P

Patrick Wolf

My client has a PC with WinXP Pro SP2 installed.

When trying to run my Access project he always gets the follwing error messages:

- security warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed
- database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "msado15.dll" version 2.8
- database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "msador15.dll" version 2.8

As much as I know XP SP2 contains the latest MDAC and Jet files.

In any case we tryed installing the updates and got the following messages
- Jet 4.0 Setup has detected that the ServicePack version of this system is newer..... no need to install....
- MDAC This setup does not support installing on this operating system.

Would anyone be able to assist?

Thank you very much
Patrick

P

Patrick Wolf

Hi,

sorry I got partly wrong information from my client.

These messages where on a computer without XP SP2 and after installing SP2 they disappeared:
- database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "msado15.dll" version 2.8
- database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "msador15.dll" version 2.8

This message appears even though XP SP2 is installed:
- security warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed

Thanks Patrick

--
Please reply to group, rather than mail ad patrickwolf - net
My client has a PC with WinXP Pro SP2 installed.

When trying to run my Access project he always gets the follwing error messages:

As much as I know XP SP2 contains the latest MDAC and Jet files.

In any case we tryed installing the updates and got the following messages
- Jet 4.0 Setup has detected that the ServicePack version of this system is newer..... no need to install....
- MDAC This setup does not support installing on this operating system.

Would anyone be able to assist?

Thank you very much
Patrick

Ask a Question