Bullets and Numbering Randomly Changed

R

rightlyfrustrated

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to say this so it makes sense but I'm going to try. A few days ago I was in my biology class taking notes and using bullets and numbering I was able to have a starting bullet and when I hit enter, then tab, I was able to make an indented bullet, like a sub category type of thing.

Like this:

but the bullets were different each time. Now when I go to do this the cursor indents but the bullet stays in line with the one above it and I've looked in the help section of Word and tried what they said to do. I don't know if I just didn't understand how to fix it or if this is a random problem that other people are inherently capable of fixing but I can't get it to work again. Can anyone help me?

C

Clive Huggan

Care to share the solution? (since this newsgroup is populated by volunteers
who like to learn too) ;-)

Clive Huggan
============

E

Elizabeth

Yes. I am having a problem with my bullets and numbering as well. When I press the "enter/return" button to have a bullet on the next line, this is still ok. However, when I press tab to have the bullet indented, only the text indents, the bullet does not. If anyone would be able to help me it would be much appreciated because it took me twice as long to format/type my notes all day! I understand that there is a spot in the toolbox to indent, however it is so much easier when "tab" works.

J

John McGhie

You haven't told us which version of Word you're using, so we can't answer.

Yes. I am having a problem with my bullets and numbering as well. When I press
the "enter/return" button to have a bullet on the next line, this is still ok.
However, when I press tab to have the bullet indented, only the text indents,
the bullet does not. If anyone would be able to help me it would be much
appreciated because it took me twice as long to format/type my notes all day!
I understand that there is a spot in the toolbox to indent, however it is so
much easier when "tab" works.

--
Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia. mailto:[email protected]

Ask a Question