Calendar causes Outlook to Hang

• Thread starter personalcustomer:yahoo.co.uk
  • Start date
P

personalcustomer:yahoo.co.uk

I am a new user to Microsoft Outlook 2007. It has been installed for three days during which time I have been using each of the email, calendar, contact and to do list functions without incident.

This afternoon I was in the email part of the system when I decided to look at my calendar. I pressed the Calendar tab in the bottom left corner of the screen. Instead of replacing the emial highlighting, IN ADDITION the Calendar tab was highlighted as well as the email tab. I got the system not responding message. The system tried to send an error report to Microsoft, but that also hung up after a few minutes. I used the Task manager to exit which also hung up. Eventually using task manager I could close down each program running individually each time getting system could not close down on each program individually including non Outlook programs before finally exiting.
I rebooted, repeated the process with exactly the same results. Each time the Calendar button is pressed, Outlook stops working at all,hangs and is very difficult to exit from even using Task Manager.Switching between Email, todo and contacts works fine. Moving from any of these three into Caledar causes the same effect desribed above leaving two keys highlighted and a hanging Outlook. Other programs continue fine.

I am a new Outlook user (previously Eudora email and Lotus Organiser 6 contact) , calendar and to do list. I have not imported data from either system yet.

I am running a Dell with a Local partitioned disk TOSHIBA MK1252GSX . I have plenty of capactity using Antivir virus protection and Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 2.0 with Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Speed: 1994 MHz
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Speed: 1995 MHz System Model: Latitude D630
BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A12

I am not very computer savvy. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix the problem. Have I left out any vital information to enable someone to help me.
Everything else seems fine at present.

Ask a Question