Calendar keeps refreshing itself from scratch

D

dpowsner

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

With the help of my IT Dept, I've successfully configured Entourage 12.1.1 to access my firm's Exchange Server. I've also configured it to sync with iCal and my .mac account. As a result, I can enter appointments in any of Entourage, iCal and/or my iPhone and the events will populate the others within a few minutes.

The problem I'm experiencing is with Entourage's calendar display. . . .

Most of the time it correctly displays all of my calendar events. However, every 10 minutes or so, the calendar events disappear from Entourage's calendar display, only to reappear a few minutes later -- as if Entourage is refreshing the calendar entries from scratch. This seems to coincide with the "now updating Calendar" message that appears along the bottom of the Entourage windows.

I'm not sure if this a display issue or a database issue. That is, I can't tell whether Entourage knows about my calendar entries but withholds display while updating -- or whether it forgets about the entries and rebuilds them from sync data supplied from somewhere (?). In any event, the underlying calendar entries are not effected in iCal or on my iPhone.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get Entourage to stop refreshing the calendar entries from scratch every 10 minutes or so?

D

dpowsner

Ok. I may have solved my own problem by default.

No, I didn't uninstall Entourage and forget about it. I rebooted.

Yipes, I thought I had left those days behind when I bought my first Mac. Oh well . . .

T

tehit

I'm having the same issue of the endlessly refreshing calendar, but a restart did not resolve. Anyone have any other ideas?

Ask a Question