Calendar Sync Problems Using Categories

K

kilofox

I am using Entourage on my MacBook Pro, iMac and iPhone. The problem I am having is when I create my work schedule (using Work as a category) it naturally gets the Work category stripped out when going into iCal, which in turn gets sync'd to .Mac which in turn gets sync'd to my MacBook Pro.

With me still?

Now I make a change to an work appointment on the MacBook Pro and sync back the other way to my iMac. The appointment change creates a new work appointment on the iMac and leaves the original unmodified.

Is the only way to sync your calendar (without using exchange) via .Mac or iPhone is to NOT use categories?

M

Marty Mankins

I am using Entourage on my MacBook Pro, iMac and iPhone. The problem I am having is when I create my work schedule (using Work as a category) it naturally gets the Work category stripped out when going into iCal, which in turn gets sync'd to .Mac which in turn gets sync'd to my MacBook Pro.
With me still?
Now I make a change to an work appointment on the MacBook Pro and sync back the other way to my iMac. The appointment change creates a new work appointment on the iMac and leaves the original unmodified.
Is the only way to sync your calendar (without using exchange) via .Mac or iPhone is to NOT use categories?

No categories. If you are using Sync Services, only one calendar
under iCal can be used for items that need to be synced between iCal
and Entourage. Anything that doesn't match and is not part of of the
"Entourage" calendar on iCal will not get synchronized.

- Marty

Ask a Question