can´t open ppt documents

Reaction score
Hello,

my name is mauricio, I´m trying to open powerpoint documents created on office 2007, I have installed 2003 and the message I get when tryig is the following

"powerpint can´t read the document specified (XXXXX.ppt). there is no text converter installed for this type of file"

can someone tell me how to solve this
thanks for your time

Reaction score
Make sure that the powerpoint file (xxxx.ppt) was saved correctly. I have experienced this before, the user was insisting that the file was saved correctly in 2003 format. But then I found out that it was saved in 2007 format and just renamed manually the extension name from pptx to ppt.

Reaction score
Can not open ppt document

To resolve this error try following methods:
1.Re-save your file in .*ppt format.
2.Install the Compatibility pack, which will let 2003, 2002 and 2000 users open 2007 file formats.

Reaction score
How To Repair PPTX, PPT, PPS Presentation files.

Hi,

I have also faced the same problem, I was unable to open my PPT file reason behind this was my all PPT files got corrupted at that time i have used repair corrupt PPTX software. This software helps me to repair all my corrupted PPT files. The benefit of this software is that you can repair PPTX, PPT and PPS presentation files. You can download the free demo version of this software and preview your recoverable PPT, PPTX files.

BestLuck:)

Reaction score
pptx(default for 2007) cannot open with ppt (default for 2003). So the solution is save it as a ppt file.

Reaction score
Hi Mauro,

Was wondering if this worked for you? Saving the doc in ppt should work.

Let us know. Cheers.

S.C.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question