Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database

P

petermacman

Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them.

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article [email protected], "[email protected]" wrote:

My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them.

Your question is not clear. I’ll try to go over some basics to see if this answers your question.

Messages in the Deleted Items folder will remain a part of the database until you delete them. Once they are deleted from the Deleted Items folder they are gone.

When you rebuild, the items in the Deleted Items folder will remain after the rebuild. You can take the"Old Database Cache" and "Old Database" from the rebuild and create a new Identity by making a new folder and placing these files in the new folder. Remove the word "old". Use Switch Identity to view.

If you want to regain space after a rebuild, you need to Compress the Identity.

Hope this helps!
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page   
Entourage Help Blog  
YouTalk

Ask a Question