can not launch

N

nicodnico

Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop There was another thread here that talked about trying to send an email. Then entourage froze. That is what happen to me.
I tried to send an email. It said that this email could not be saved. Tried to delete it and would not work. So I had to force quite.
Now I can not even launch it. I get the "opening" window but it does not go past that.
The other thread said to create a new user on the computer drag the "old" identity to the shared folder and try and open that in the new user. Well, I can open entourage in the new user, however I can not open the original identity in the new user. It freezes again. I have some sort of problem with entourage often...it's frustrating! It seems my life is in this email database.
What can I do? Should I reinstall? Will I loose my old emails, contacts, sent emails...things like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Nichol

D

Diane Ross

I tried to send an email. It said that this email could not be saved.
Tried to delete it and would not work. So I had to force quite.
Now I can not even launch it. I get the "opening" window but it does not
go past that.

Hold down the Shift key when opening Entourage. This will disable
schedule that’s trying to send the message. Go to the Outbox and delete
the email.

N

nicodnico

I have tried holding down the shift key. It still is stuck on the "launch" window. It wont go anywhere from there.

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

On 4/23/10 6:17 PM, in article [email protected], "[email protected]" wrote:

I have tried holding down the shift key. It still is stuck on the "launch" window. It wont go anywhere from there.

Check the size of your database. You could have hit the 4GB limit or the 2GB limit if you didn’t upgrade.

~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/your identity

--
Diane

Ask a Question