Cannot Accept Meeting Invitations

M

mclinde

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

So this is frustrating to have to enter a new question when I've been inactive on a question for a month. But on to the show!

The issue appears directly related to delegate access. I have a user who had issues (unable to accept meeting requests). I kept working on it, and read a note about removing delegate access, and after that, the issues went away. Yesterday, after weeks of normal function, I added the delegate access back in. POOF! Issues accepting meetings again. If you read the thread I posted originally, all the symptoms are there, and the "workaround" but here is a root cause somehow. I'm also going to submit feedback, although I'm not as sure anyone will read it, and it seems a funny way to submit a bug report.

Anyway, here's the FYI for anyone else with this issue. I need to check a couple other things (the delegate is running Office 2007 on XP, the user is Entourage 2008 12.1.5. Not sure if a "different" delegate would work (Office 2003 xp, 2004 mac, 2008 mac), but definitely an issue with 2008 user and 2007 delegate. I'm also going to try and apply the MS Hotfix for Outlook 2007 that deals with delegate issues.

Ask a Question