Cannot create hyperlinks - browsed internet pages do not appear in dialogue box

Reaction score
The title says it all, really. When I attempt to create a hyperlink, the dialogue window opens but the space where the visited page links should appear is blank. Anyone know how I can get them back?

Reaction score
Did you click on the dropdown there?
I can't see a dropdown, only the scroll arrows. I should mention that I have hyperlinked hundreds of times in the past and never had this problem. The browsed pages were always listed. BTW sorry if there is a delay in my replies. I am posting from Australia.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
In the Insert|Hyperlink dialogue box, the 'Address:' box has a dropdown. That said, what you see in either box might be constrained by your system's browser security settings. In any event, you can paste the desired address into the address box.
I am posting from Australia.
Likewise.

Reaction score
Didn't notice the kanga until now!

You are right about the dropdown. When I click on it, it reveals the current browsed page. I can live with that. However, I am still curious as to why the full list of recently browsed pages does not appear in the dialogue box, as formerly. I will check the security settings as you suggest. Thanks.

To add to the above, instead of 'browsed pages' the dialogue window now shows a list of items from my main drive.... 'Name/App Data/local/Microsoft/Windows/NetCache...'

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update:
Interestingly, the links suddenly started working again. The browsed pages showed up in the dialogue window and everything went swimmingly for a day or two. Then, pouf! They disappeared again. Ah, Microsoft. You teaser, you.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Ask a Question