Cannot Import Mail To Entourage 2008 FromEntourage X "Main Identity" Directory

P

Packetfire

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Entourage X was running on an old iMac G4, which could not be repaired after several trips to the Apple Store. Backups were made, and even the original disc from the G4 is available, but no matter how we try, Entourage will not do what it claims it can do, which is to import data from Entourage X.

There are other posts with similar questions, and this question remains unresolved.

Has anyone had any success porting the data, and do they have any hints, given that I cannot run the Entourage X code on the new Intel-based iMac?

P

Packetfire

Both the approaches described in the links you offered require one to run the Entourage X program to do some form of "export" of the data.

I cannot run Entourage X unless I buy a copy that will run on an Intel-based iMac. The dead iMac G4 is the only machine that could run Entourage X.

The question is about porting the DATA files from a backup, not porting from one working machine to another.

I consider this to be a massive design defect in Office 2008. If it cannot read databases left by Office X, it is broken.

D

Diane Ross

Both the approaches described in the links you offered require one to run the
Entourage X program to do some form of "export" of the data.

I keep Entourage X installed just so I can work with clients still using
Entourage X and making the upgrade. You are not alone with the problem.

Ask a Question