cannot open links from outlook

Reaction score
I am using MS Office Outlook 2007. Now I am having a problem. When I click in the web link, a message pops up, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I don't have any idea where is the restrictions and how to fix this.

Help! Help!! and Help!!!.

Reaction score
I am using MS Office Outlook 2007. Now I am having a problem. When I click in the web link, a message pops up, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I don't have any idea where is the restrictions and how to fix this.

Help! Help!! and Help!!!.

Hi,

This is not an Outlook error. The most common cause is a corrupt registry key in Internet Explorer. The registry key found at location i.e. HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command either damaged or corrupt.
To fix it, try resetting Web settings in Internet Explorer.
1.Close Outlook
2.Open Internet Explorer.
3.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
4.Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.
5.Under Internet programs, verify that the correct e-mail program is selected.
6.Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser check box.
7.Click Apply, and then click OK.
This way you can overcome the restriction error.

Ask a Question