Cannot send email - works then stops!

I

IMON

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I am new to Mac as I am a recent convert! I installed Office 2008 and was successful in converting my old pst files to Entourage. I set up my POP account and the first few send and receives worked just fine. Now I can receive email abut cannot send! I know my settings are correct otherwise it would not have worked. The error messages I get are:
"Entourage cannot connect to the server. Verify that your computer is connected to the network."...and
"An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic."
Firstly my computer is connected to the network and others are successfully sending emails so not too busy!
I thought that I had found a work-around by deleting the account and setting it up again. It worked the first time and has now returned to getting the messages above. HELP! Thanks

N

Nick Luck

Hi

Not sure if this will help but I am also a recent convert and had similar
probs with setting up the SEND part of my free yahoo email account through
Entourage. I could receive no probs!!

I got round it by looking at the SSL settings in the account - you don't
need them for my Yahoo account - but I do need a password, etc.

The automatic account settings did not work for me as it had both the pop
and smtp servers set to SSL - when I changed this, it worked fine.

Please come back if you need more - I will go through my account settings if
necessary - I know how frustrating it can be!!!

Nick

Ask a Question