Can't apply my template to an existing doc

Reaction score
In Publisher 2007, I created a template, then did a "save as" and chose template then
made sure it was in the appropriate directory (C:\Documents and Settings\<<user>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates).

With that template saved and visible (I also have 'show hidden file' on), I wanted to use that template on an existing document. With my existing document open, I go to:
Format -> Format Publication -> choose "Publication Options-> "Apply a Template"

I get a new dialogue box with a whole list of templates, but none of mine. I have tried searching for the file, but nothing turns up.

This seems similar to the unresolved problem in the forums here in the thread: "/publisher-2007-apply-my-template-existing-publication-t449292.html" - no link since I don't have enough "points".

The idea is to avoid recreating the document from scratch, otherwise, I might as well copy and paste my content into Illustrator. Any gurus know what to do?

Thx,
DT.

Ask a Question