Can't sign in to Microsoft Office

Reaction score
Hello, I can't sign in to any of the MS Office apps. They always signed me in automatically before, but today I am being asked for a password for everything. I can't access my password file so I do not have any of my passwords. When I try to sign in to Onedrive, it is asking for a password. The only pw reset option it gives me, is to send a code to one of my email addresses. When I try that, outlook is asking for a password, and it also only gives me the option to receive a code in one of my other email addresses, which of course I don't have the password. I realize I should not have lost my file where I keep my passwords but I did. But the main problem is all of the MS Office apps suddenly stopped signing me in automatically, which it has done forever before this time. I have not found any alternative, one item I found said right click on the onedrive icon and click settings to turn on or off automatic sign-in, but there is no settings on that icon. This would not be a big problem if there was an alternative way to verify my account, such as a phone call to my landline phone, as mostly all other types of apps do that I have encountered.

I am running Windows 11
Build 26200.5001
Version 24H2
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26200.5001.0

Thanks to all for any help forthcoming

Reaction score
Hello, I can't sign in to any of the MS Office apps. They always signed me in automatically before, but today I am being asked for a password for everything. I can't access my password file so I do not have any of my passwords. When I try to sign in to Onedrive, it is asking for a password. The only pw reset option it gives me, is to send a code to one of my email addresses. When I try that, outlook is asking for a password, and it also only gives me the option to receive a code in one of my other email addresses, which of course I don't have the password. I realize I should not have lost my file where I keep my passwords but I did. But the main problem is all of the MS Office apps suddenly stopped signing me in automatically, which it has done forever before this time. I have not found any alternative, one item I found said right click on the onedrive icon and click settings to turn on or off automatic sign-in, but there is no settings on that icon. This would not be a big problem if there was an alternative way to verify my account, such as a phone call to my landline phone, as mostly all other types of apps do that I have encountered.

I am running Windows 11
Build 26200.5001
Version 24H2
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26200.5001.0

Thanks to all for any help forthcoming
Update: I went to the registry using regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon to change my password but couldn't see my current password just the ***** that hides your password but it did let me type in a new one but when I hit OK, I got error: Cannot import HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

Reaction score
Update: I went to the registry using regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon to change my password but couldn't see my current password just the ***** that hides your password but it did let me type in a new one but when I hit OK, I got error: Cannot import HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.
Update: I found the following in my Windows Update History; Windows 11 Insider Preview 26200.5001 (ge_prerelease) failed to install on 5/1/2024 - 0xc1900401. Looks like this is when the problem occurred. That was when I first saw this sign-in problem.

Reaction score
Update: I restored windows to the date of the failed update mentioned above, did not help.