Change Form's Recordsource with SQL Statement?

Reaction score
I have a database that has purchase order information (PO Number, Supplier, PO Date, etc) for each division in our company (Divisions A, B,C, D, etc). There are separate tables with matching fields for each division. I have a form with subforms (BIll of Lading, PO Details, invoice information) that I would like to have pull the PO information from the tables based on which division the PO belongs to.

I cannot merge the tables, so that solution won't work. I do not want to create a duplicate form for each division, because if the form changes, I would have to change the form 10 different times. Is there a SQL statement that I can create to change the recordsource of the form based on input in a combobox (i.e, the PO Number)?

I have searched everywhere for an answer for the past week, and have hit a wall. Maybe I am overthinking it and just need someone to talk some sense into me. I am extremely grateful for any help you might be able to give me. If you need more information, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Mary

Ask a Question