Change values in form fields based on value in bookmark

R

Rajesh Nathani

Hi everybody,
My first post here. I have a document template. When I click a button in Access, it populates the bookmarks in a new document based on the template. Now one of the bookmarks is a number. I wonder if there is a way to set values in some other form fields (in the same document) based on some calculations on the value of the bookmarked field.
Thanks,
Rajesh

S

Stefan Blom

R

Rajesh Nathani

Thank you for your reply,
I am using Access and Word 2007. Standard automation VBA code that opens aninstance of word template and adds a new document based on it and then replaces bookmarks in the document with values from a form in Access.
If you like I can post the whole code but I thought it was irrelevant to the question.
What I want to do is write VBA code after the document has been created to automatically calculate values in two fields that appear in the document. Ihave tried to alter the properties of the form fields and make it a calcuated field but eg if the weight (bookmarked) gets replaced with say 6, then I could through code calculate and insert values of dosage of medicines.
I am DIY person and would appreciate any help.
I have put the question on community Microsoft group also with no response so far.
Thanks again,
Rajesh

Ask a Question