Changing column reference for number of formulas at once

J

jjfinegan

Hi,

I'm trying to create a series of one-page printable reports formatted as A4 documents based on a data set.

The data is arranged with nationalities listed in Column B, and the number of people for each nationality living in a certain area located in columns C to Z.

In a separate worksheet I've identified the top 20 nationalities and number of people for Column C using LARGE and INDEX(MATCH).

Is there any way that I can easily update all the formulas to refer to Column D, and then Column E, F, G etc? When I try to select the data and ctrl+f replace references to C, it ends up changing the MATCH formula as well.

Essentially what I'm looking for I suppose is a mail merge for Excel, rather than word?

D

dguillett

Hi,

I'm trying to create a series of one-page printable reports formatted as A4 documents based on a data set.

The data is arranged with nationalities listed in Column B, and the number of people for each nationality living in a certain area located in columns C to Z.

In a separate worksheet I've identified the top 20 nationalities and number of people for Column C using LARGE and INDEX(MATCH).

Is there any way that I can easily update all the formulas to refer to Column D, and then Column E, F, G etc? When I try to select the data and ctrl+f replace references to C, it ends up changing the MATCH formula as well.

Essentially what I'm looking for I suppose is a mail merge for Excel, rather than word?

Have a look at the OFFSET function

Ask a Question