Changing from linked to embedded Narrative on a Mac for Windows users.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm struggling to find a way of taking a linked narrative file (this is online lecture content) and having it embedded into the .pptx file itself.

I recorded a 1 hour lecture on my Mac PowerPoint (Ver 11), and used the 'linked' option when I clicked on 'Record Slideshow'. Now, all of my Mac using students can listen to the presentation providing the datafiles (typical file name: Jan2015.pptx297-0) are in the same directory as the .pptx file, However, the unfortunate Windows users can't hear a thing!

To make matters worse, I recorded this on a pre-2011 distribution of powerpoint (apologies, I don't have the distribution anymore). It gave me the checkbox option of linking. Now that I am using 2011 it appears as though I don't get that option when recording.

After a lot of web browsing, I get the distinct impression that the sound drivers required for Mac recorded narratives that have been linked will not play on Windows.

So my question, is there a very simple way of getting the preexisting presentation and saving the file so everything is embedded in one go? I expect, a huge file afterwards.

Many thanks
Anthony

Last edited:

Ask a Question