Changing Input Masks

C

Chakey

Background: I have a field in a form where the value could either be an amount (ie $5,123.78) or a percent (ie 10.50%). The required mask is currently triggered by an unbound list box selection of "Percent" or "Amount". I can get the selection calling the appropriate mask dependent on the list box selection with the On Enter event in VB. Here are my problems:

1) Since I don't know how many digits the amount or percent is going to be, how can I leave it optional ($5,123.45 or $52.23) but still insure inclusion of necessary commas, decimals, etc. I thought entering from right-left with the "!" would take care of this, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

2) I would like to save all characters in the mask with the data - how do I do this in the VB event? There doesn't seem to be a way to tell it to do so in VB unlike the field's properties box.

Please help, and if there is another way of going about this, please let me know. I would like to stay away from 2 separate fields if possible. Thanks

Ask a Question