Changing margins on 2nd page of letterhead template

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help!

I am attempting to create a professional letterhead template. The header and left-hand margin need to be smaller on page 2 of the letter. See attached.

However, this template does not work so well. If you start typing on page 1 and fill up the space (or copy and paste a long letter), it automatically adds a page 2 using the margins from page 1.

Is there any way to set up margins on page 2 that are different from page 1?

I do know how to change the margins once a letter has been written. But we do not want our customers having to do this every time.

Fingers crossed there is solution!
Kirstie

Attachments

• fls-letterhead.docx
    70.5 KB · Views: 175

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
See attached. All you need do is change the logo's wrapping to 'top & bottom'. For demo purposes, I've changed all margins to 2.5cm and deleted the second Section.

Attachments

• fls-letterhead (1).docx
    69.1 KB · Views: 168
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for your help. That's wonderful. It's certainly sorted out the header problem. But do you know how would I have a left margin of 4.5cm on the first page and then 2.5cm on the second page?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Instead of messing with the margins, insert an empty Shape into the first page header to occupy the relevant space on the left side of the page. Give the shape 'around' wrapping.

Ask a Question