charts won't fully update calculated data

C

clibanarius

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For example, I use the RAND() function to generate a series of values, which I then divide into six equal intervals (the precise values vary with each calculation), counting these up using the FREQUENCY function. I then plot these frequency values using a column chart, with the x-axis values being the calculated values for the six intervals. Oddly, the x-axis scale values update on the column chart when I do a recalculation, but the frequency values (i.e., height of the bars) and axis scale do not. I recall there being a similar bug in early versions of Excel 2008, but I thought it had been fixed. Is it back?

C

clibanarius

Okay, I went back and looked at some old posts about those pre-12.1 Office versions, and saw a recommendation to change the default page view from Page Layout to Normal. So I changed that preference, then quit Excel, then reopened the file, and lo and behold, the chart updates properly now. So perhaps the original bug is in fact back.

X

XinXin

Hi, is there a way to send me ([email protected]) a copy of your workbook? Let's see what we can do to reproduce this bug.

Thanks,
XinXin Liu
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

Ask a Question