Clip art gallery doesn't open.

R

Roadboss

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

With Word 2008 running, I try to use the clip art gallery and the system freezes and the gallery doesn't open. In fact, it is necessary to force quit the app to get the system back.

R

Roadboss

I should add that I have reinstall Office '08 and removed the Office 2004 trial version.

C

CyberTaz

Reinstalling rarely does any good on a Mac & can actually complicate the
matter. Also, if you didn't use the Remove Office utility to remove the 2004
Test Drive you most certainly didn't get rid of the files that could be
causing the problem:) In fact Remove Office may have to be run more than
once. Dragging to the Trash definitely *doesn't* get the job done if any of
the programs were ever launched so much as one time.

Also, if you haven't updated Office to 12.0.1 I'd recommend that you do that
after running Remove Office. Then run Disk Utility - Repair Disk
Permissions, restart your Mac & see where you stand at that point.

R

Roadboss

After much consternation and hand wringing, I finally installed the 12.0.1 update by removing Office and reinstalling it. All of this has had no effect on the Clip Art Gallery. It doesn't open and requires force quit to get out.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

J

jrandersoniii

I too am having the same problem. I have a relatively new (month old) MBP 15" running 10.5.2 with 2 GB of RAM. Office 2008 was installed fresh, with no older versions of Office or old clip-art. I have not tried using clip-art until today... and have had nothing but problems. I have seen some recommendations, including taking out the clip-art database and deleting the preference files. I have tried, with no help.

When I try to run the Clip Art Gallery within Office, my system freezes, and requires a cold re-boot - I have never had to force a reboot. The stop application function doesn't work, since my whole computer locks up.

I have searched the forum here, this appears to be a pretty common problem - with no real support from Microsoft.

Ask a Question