Clip Gallery

K

kjsjp

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'd like to resurrect a question (from Dec. 2008) regarding keywords for clipart downloaded from the MS clipart site and imported into Clip Gallery. All keywords are lost in the process except for "wmf". You can go in and add keywords for each clip, but it's a great shame to lose the excellent list of keywords that MS has already generated.

There was no problem with Word X. Clip Gallery looks no different than the Word X version. Why the problems?

I'm repeatedly finding shortcomings like this with Word 2008.

Does anyone have a workaround?

kjsjp

K

kjsjp

Hi,

I did just find one workaround. I never uninstalled Word X. Open Word X and the Clip Gallery. Import the desired .cil file. It comes in with all the searchable keywords intact. Find the image you want, select it and copy it using the "Edit" menu.

Now go back to your Word 2008 document and paste in the picture. A hassle, but better than no keywords. Guess I'll keep Word X around for this, and for printing partial documents with images (another issue with Word 2008).

kjsjp

C

CyberTaz

Have you tried using either Insert> Picture> Clip Art or the Insert Clip Art
button on the Drawing Toolbar rather than relying strictly on the Clip Art
group in the Toolbox/Object Palette?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

K

kjsjp

Thanks Bob,
Maybe you missed the original post in this thread. My problem is that Clip Gallery for Word 2008 doesn't retain keywords for graphics downloaded and imported from the MS clipart site.

As you suggest, I always access Clip Gallery "using either Insert> Picture> Clip Art or the Insert Clip Art button on the Drawing Toolbar." The issue is that Clip Gallery doesn't preserve keywords for imported graphics, making searching for appropriate art much more difficult.

I've recently discovered another workaround as well:

I only import clipart into Clip Gallery for MS Office X, and occasionally I copy the contents of the "Personal" clipart folder for Office X over the "Personal" clipart folder for Office 2008. This has worked like a charm. I can use Clip Gallery for Office 2008 with all keywords preserved for imported art.

Best,

kjsjp

Ask a Question