Colors don't align in drop down menus

I

Iggles14

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I select "Theme colors" PPT 2088 shows me 12 colors that I can set:
-- Text/Background Dark 1
-- Text/Background Light 1
-- Text/Background Dark 2
-- Text/Background Light 2
-- Accents 1-6
-- Hyperlink and followed hyperlink

My problem is with the first four. Let's assume that I make them red, white, blue, and orange in that order.

When I click on "Font Color" or "Fill Color," the theme colors are displayed. Unfortunately, the order is not consistent. Sometimes, the drop downs show red, white, blue, and orange just like I would expect.

Other times, they show white, red, orange, and blue. I can't find any pattern.

And I'm not sure if it is a different problem or part of the same problem, but sometimes when I insert slides from another presentation, PPT keeps the color info, and other times it doesn't. For example, I have a presentation that uses Dark 2 for both title and text. When I insert slides from that presentation, the new presentation knows that the title should use Dark 2, but it loses any reference to the right color for the text.

Ask a Question