Combination Chart

J

jbsum

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Re: Combination chart…I start with a column chart showing monthly averages. I want to add a line chart which will show a three year moving average (another data series)

Problem: When I select the line chart from the gallery to add it the column chart, the chart changes from the original, singular column chart to a singular line chart. Ergo…no combination chart.

Suggestions to create the combination chart will be appreciated.

Thanks

M

Mike Middleton

jbsum -

Some considerations: You need two data series. One data series can be a Column chart type. The other can be a Line chart type. But the Column chart type cannot have the 3-D visual effect (which many people regard as being "chart junk," i.e. an attempt at a meaningless third dimension on a two-dimensional chart).

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Re: Combination chart.I start with a column chart showing monthly averages. I want to add a line chart which will show a three year moving average (another data series)

Problem: When I select the line chart from the gallery to add it the column chart, the chart changes from the original, singular column chart to a singular line chart. Ergo.no combination chart.

Suggestions to create the combination chart will be appreciated.

Thanks

J

jbsum

Thanks for the quick reply...I do use two data series and no 3D. The third step in the instructions given by Mactopia are not abundently clear to me...I guess I'll have to try different combinations. Thanks again!

Ask a Question