Concatenating Name Fields

P

Pakua

Hello,

I have a very beginner question, from a beginner. I have the following fields in my table.

T_NameKey (Primary Key)
T_FName
T_LName
T_FullName

On a form, I was able to concatenate my T_FName and T_LName fields into my T_FullName text box by placing the following expression into my Control Source Field ( = [T_FName] & space(1) & [T_LName] ). However, I would like to save the concatenation to my T_FullName field for use later. However, I have not been able to figure that out.

F

fredg

Hello,

I have a very beginner question, from a beginner. I have the following fields in my table.

T_NameKey (Primary Key)
T_FName
T_LName
T_FullName

On a form, I was able to concatenate my T_FName and T_LName fields into my T_FullName text box by placing the following expression into my Control Source Field ( = [T_FName] & space(1) & [T_LName] ). However, I would like to save the concatenation to my T_FullName field for use later. However, I have not been able to figure that out.

There is no need to save the full name in any table. As long as you
have a FirstName and a LastName field, any time you need the full name
just concatenate it:
=[FirstName] & " " & [LastName]
on a form, in a query, or in a report.
That's the 'proper' way.

Ask a Question