Conditional Formatting

E

Esradekan

I use conditional formatting a lot. Many times on a single worksheet. I use the IF formula to decide if the condition is true or false. Problem is,to save time, i 'auto fill' the conditional formatting. In conditional formatting though, when I enter the formula, the cell references become 'fixed' (ie $ use). Because I use auto fill, I dont want the $ used. Is there a way I can avoid using it?

E

Esradekan

I use conditional formatting a lot. Many times on a single worksheet. Iuse the IF formula to decide if the condition is true or false. Problem is, to save time, i 'auto fill' the conditional formatting. In conditional formatting though, when I enter the formula, the cell references become 'fixed' (ie $ use). Because I use auto fill, I dont want the $ used. Is there a way I can avoid using it?

Oh, I am currently using Excel 2013, but same has applied to all Excel's I have used)

G

GS

Esradekan has brought this to us :
Oh, I am currently using Excel 2013, but same has applied to all Excel's I
have used)

Well.., just don't type the $ symbol when you enter the formula. If it
appears as the result of selecting ranges then edit that out using F2
while your in the edit box.

--
Garry

Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

E

Esradekan

I use conditional formatting a lot. Many times on a single worksheet. Iuse the IF formula to decide if the condition is true or false. Problem is, to save time, i 'auto fill' the conditional formatting. In conditional formatting though, when I enter the formula, the cell references become 'fixed' (ie $ use). Because I use auto fill, I dont want the $ used. Is there a way I can avoid using it?

Never mind, I have sorted it out - Thank you.

Esra

Ask a Question