Constant repeat of Calendar Entries

P

Peter

Hello, I have consulted with my IT department here at work, to no avail, so anyone who can help would be most appreciated
I utilise the Contacts section within Outlook and store the birthday of most contacts under DETAILS. This is then displayed within my daily calendar.
However, an ongoing problem is that everytime I move (I have moved 3 time zones in the last 2 years, one of them by only 1/2 hour) the calendar becomes a disaster zone. (I am assuming the time zone is the problem) Some contacts may have birthday notification up to 3 (THREE!) times on the day before, the actual day of the birthday and the day after! Some of them have been flagged by a black clock next to the person's birthday, within the calendar.
In my first move, I manually went through each calendar entry and changed the information by changing the recurrence or simply deleting the calendar entry on the actual day (without changing the detailed entry in the physical contact record), but this is clearly not the solution. What can I do to avoid this, stop this, as it is driving me off OUTLOOK, such is the frustration of the problem. Can anyone assist, given the limited information I have provided with a solution, or is it a bug, or are my network engineers copying additional copies of my PST by accident or ?????? If I need to provide additional information, I will do so with pleasure, but this is pretty frustrating... Thank yo

J

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

I'm a little confused...is it reminders you're having trouble with, or are
the entries changing from the proper times to the wrong times, or what?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In

Ask a Question