I'm trying to figure out wether it is possible, and if so
how, to convert a Primavera SureTrak project to
Microsoft Project. (I know it works the other way
around...)

Please help!

G

Gérard DUCOURET

Hi,
Yes, Sure Track can export project data as a mpx format which can be read by MS Project :
File / Save as...

Gérard Ducouret

D

DucoJan

I am trying to do the same; converting files from Sure Track 3.0 to MS Project 2000. I used Save As MPX on Sure Track. When I open the MPX file in MS Project, I get the following error Message: "An unexpected error occurred during command execution. Try one of the following: Check that all argument names and values are correct and are of the correct type. You may have run out of memory. To free up available memory, close programs, projects, or windows you aren't using." I 192Mb RAM and 5 Gig HD space and have only Project running with no other projects open.

I believe that Sure Track 3.0 uses MPX 3.0 and MS Project 2000 is using MPX 4.0. Is this why I receive the error message? If so, what do I need to do to convert MPX 3.0 to MPX 4.0 so that MS Project 2000 can read the file correctly? If it has nothing to do with the MPX version, any other reasons why I have problems. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
DucoJan
(e-mail address removed)

----- Gérard DUCOURET wrote: -----

Hi,
Yes, Sure Track can export project data as a mpx format which can be read by MS Project :
File / Save as...

Gérard Ducouret

B

BRT

----- Gérard DUCOURET wrote: -----

Hi,
File / Save as...

Gérard Ducouret

Anja said:
I'm trying to figure out wether it is possible, and if so
how, to convert a Primavera SureTrak project to
Microsoft Project. (I know it works the other way
around...)
Can we export MS project data to be use by suretrak 3.0 ?

G

Gérard Ducouret

Hello,

I think no, because MS Project doesn't support any longer the .MPX file
format which is the only "foreign" format that Sure Track can generate.

Gérard Ducouret

Ask a Question