ConvertReportToPDF Code Help

E

Erick C

Hi everybody -

I have been using a code written by Stephen Lebans that takes my Access report and magically turns it into a PDF. The code works very well, and it ismy understanding that it was pretty widely liked and used. My problem is I need to change the PDF orientation, it is currently making PDF in landscape. While I can understand a very little bit of the code, I cannot seem tofind out where I can mak a change that will switch the PDF orientation from landscape back to portrait. Is there anyone out there familiar with thiscode who can help me find out where to make the necessary changes?

Thanks for your help!

Erick

T

Tony Toews

I have been using a code written by Stephen Lebans that takes my Access report and magically turns it into a PDF. The code works very well, and it is my understanding that it was pretty widely liked and used. My problem is I need to change the PDF orientation, it is currently making PDF in landscape. While I can understand a very little bit of the code, I cannot seem to find out where I can mak a change that will switch the PDF orientation from landscape back to portrait. Is there anyone out there familiar with this code who can help me find out where to make the necessary changes?

When I poke about in my copy of his code I see the following line:
Fixed Landscape/Portrait bug .
I also don't see any parameter specifying landscape vs portrait. So
I'm thinking that his software creates a PDF file using whatever
orientation it was given. I just tested on one of my reports and
the PDF file was created in landscape.

So is your report in landscape mode when you do a preview?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/

E

Erick C

Hi Tony -

I just double checked all of my reports and everything is in portrait. I remember the code created pdf files initially in portrait, I am not sure exactly when it started creating everything in landscape. I have gone throughmultiple changes, moving to Access 2010, updates to Adobe, etc. I didn't think any of those changes would have had an impact, but it is possible, maybe?

E

Erick C

Hi Tony -

I just double checked all of my reports and everything is in portrait. I remember the code created pdf files initially in portrait, I am not sure exactly when it started creating everything in landscape. I have gone throughmultiple changes, moving to Access 2010, updates to Adobe, etc. I didn't think any of those changes would have had an impact, but it is possible, maybe?

Ask a Question