Copy and paste slide from one presentation to another presentation gives an error

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to copy slide from one presentation and paste it to another presentation.
But it gives me following error:
"Slides (unknown member) : Invalid request. Clipboard is empty or contains data which may not be pasted here."

Please suggest me the solution.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Dear Amvyas, I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but I do have a further question. Can you not just cut and paste a single slide from one presentation into another? I don't get an error message as you did, but I lose formatting--sometimes it's the text, sometimes it's a picture. I also can't drag and drop a single slide without losing formatting. It seems like moving slides should be such a simple task, but it's not. I know I can drag the whole presentation over into another presentation and then just delete all the slides (!) I don't want, but that seems like a lot to do for just wanting to move one slide from one place into another.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Amvyas and Smiller - It is a lot easier than you think, but it took me a while to find out how to do it. 1] Have the presentation you want to insert a slide into open. CLICK on that presentation where you want the copied slide to end up. DO NOT open the ppt that the slide is to be copied from. On the main menu bar select INSERT. CLICK the down arrow on the right side of NEW SLIDE. The menu option is REUSE SLIDE, CLICK on it. A new window will open on the right side of the screen... REUSE SLIDE. CLICK the BROWSE button and CLICK BROWSE FILE. Navigate to the ppt you want to use and CLICK on it. The source presentation will open up. IMPORTANT - If you want a slide to copy in the format as it appears, CLICK on the box KEEP SOURCE FORMATTING. If you want the copied slide to have the background of the target ppt, don't click it. Just CLICK on the slide you want to copy and it will move to the INSERTION point you already set. When you have copied as many slides as you want, close the REUSE SLIDE window and you are ready to go. Long explanation, but it is really easy. I have never used the SLIDE LIBRARY function, but it may be a convenient place to store slides that you use often in many presentations.
Hope this helped.

Ask a Question