Copy condtional formatting in XL2007 for Windows

T

Tonso

I want to condtionally format some cells. The format for cell F5 should be if the value in E5 is less than the value in F5, the text in F5 should become Red. If F5 is greater than or equal E5, the text shold be green. This I can do with no problem. The problem is that I want to copy this format downto F6 so the same rules apply, dependng on the value in E6, and so on in F7, F8, F9. When i copy cell F5, then select F6:F9, then paste special format, the cells all look to E5, so F6 looks at E5, and F7 looks at E5, etc. I want F6 to look at E6, and F7 to look at E7, etc. How can I accomplish this.. It was easy in XL2003, but there seem something i do not understand on how to do this in XL2007.

Thanks,

Tonso

C

Claus Busch

Hi Tonso,

Am Fri, 6 Dec 2013 08:00:12 -0800 (PST) schrieb Tonso:
I want to condtionally format some cells. The format for cell F5 should be if the value in E5 is less than the value in F5, the text in F5 should become Red. If F5 is greater than or equal E5, the text shold be green. This I can do with no problem. The problem is that I want to copy this format down to F6 so the same rules apply, dependng on the value in E6, and so on in F7, F8, F9. When i copy cell F5, then select F6:F9, then paste special format, the cells all look to E5, so F6 looks at E5, and F7 looks at E5, etc. I want F6 to look at E6, and F7 to look at E7, etc. How can I accomplish this. It was easy in XL2003, but there seem something i do not understand on how to do this in XL2007.

into the formula you have to write the cell addresses relative (E5<F5
and E5>=F5)
To expand the range you can also select F5 => Conditional Formatting =>
Manage Rules => Select the rule and change the range the rule is applied
to.
Or use the format brush to apply the rule to the other cells.

Regards
Claus B.

Ask a Question