Crash on Close from 2 stable Access forms after unsolicited install of VS 2015

Reaction score
I have 2 forms for defining Income and Expense table records. They have been stable for years and years. Suddenly when I am assisting my users with their Income/Expense records, I get a "stopped working...." notification. I have isolated it to these records. They function properly, but when I close them using vanilla "Close Form" function, either with "X", Close Button, or "Leave Me" button, all of which simply do a DoCmd.Close with the normal error handling, I get a crash/restart message. Then, which is brand new to me, I get a Visual Studio Just-in-Time Debugger exception notice "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in MSACCESS.EXE (9860) along with 1 or 2 "possible debuggers" -- New Instance of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (or) Start Page - Microsoft Visual Studio:Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. If I trigger one of these, it takes me into a weird world of complexity that I've never been in before, and which I don't understand. All this from a simple DoCmd.close. That has worked since Access 2002. CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET OUT OF THIS RABBIT HOLE? (As I mentioned in the thread title, I didn't order Visual Studio, it just appeared one day, uninvited.... ? :-(
Gordon

Ask a Question