Need to leverage some expertise please.

For example, if we have the table:

Date Project Delivery Date Status Comments
01/02 x 01/05/2009 Green original date
07/02 x 08/05/2009 Amber delay supply
14/02 x 20/05/2009 Red out of money
21/02 x 30/05/2009 Green on track
28/02 x 28/02/2009 Blue delivered-wow

So id like the macro to draw the line for project x based on the 'delivery date'. The points should be coloured according to the 'status' column and when you hover the mouse over the point the data lable will show up taking info from the 'comments' column.

Would it be possible to create a macro that will be able to generate this graph automatically. I have a few projects id like to do the same thing for.

Any help would be amazing!!!

Thanks in advance guys.

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-32b2d802ae17/wpf-datagrid-custom-pagin.aspx

A

anuj datta

Just to put some clarity on the problem above.

The X-axis would be the first column 'date' (which is when the table is updated - in our case you'll notice that the table is updated everyweek during feb).

The Y-axis has to be 01/01/2009 to 31/12/2009 in increments of 14 days.

Because of the Y-axis, I cannot just create a chart and record a macro. I will have to manually tweak the y-axis to get the scale that i want everytime. i was hoping that some genius vba code would be able to do this for me as i'd like to adopt the same scale for other 'projects'.

Thanks again for your time and efforts guys :)

anuj datta wrote:

Create a macro to create excel line graph with coloured pointers and data lables
30-Sep-09

Hi guys.

Need to leverage some expertise please.

For example, if we have the table:

Date Project Delivery Date Status Comments
01/02 x 01/05/2009 Green original date
07/02 x 08/05/2009 Amber delay supply
14/02 x 20/05/2009 Red out of money
21/02 x 30/05/2009 Green on track
28/02 x 28/02/2009 Blue delivered-wow

So id like the macro to draw the line for project x based on the 'delivery date'. The points should be coloured according to the 'status' column and when you hover the mouse over the point the data lable will show up taking info from the 'comments' column.

Would it be possible to create a macro that will be able to generate this graph automatically. I have a few projects id like to do the same thing for.

Any help would be amazing!!!

Thanks in advance guys.

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-32b2d802ae17/wpf-datagrid-custom-pagin.aspx

Ask a Question