creating automatic search

D

DT

So I'll explain what I am trying to do and maybe someone has the answer. I have on one worksheet columns filled with codes and adjacent to those colums I have dollar amounts for the code it is associate with it.

How can I in another sheet type the code (i.e. 111) and in the cell right next to it get the associate dollar amount?

Thanks for your help

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Team Foundation Server Installation and Troubleshooting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...2-76d56f25f385/team-foundation-server-in.aspx

G

Gord Dibben

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$199,2,FALSE) entered in B1 of Sheet1

Type code number into A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

K

Krista

Here's what I came up with:

=IF(A1>0,VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE),"")

This is assuming that in Sheet 1 you would have your codes in column A and your dollar values in column B. In Sheet 2, you would enter the code you want to look up (111 for example) into cell A2 and in cell B2, you would enter the formula above, which would then return the dollar value associated with whatever code you had in A2...

Hope this helps...

DT wrote:

creating automatic search
02-Nov-09

So I'll explain what I am trying to do and maybe someone has the answer. I have on one worksheet columns filled with codes and adjacent to those colums I have dollar amounts for the code it is associate with it.

How can I in another sheet type the code (i.e. 111) and in the cell right next to it get the associate dollar amount?

Thanks for your help

Previous Posts In This Thread:

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
A Better CAPTCHA Control (Look Ma - NO IMAGE!)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...5c-6d357cddbe56/a-better-captcha-control.aspx

Ask a Question