Customize Quick Access Toolbar

Z

zigzagdna

Subject: Customize Quick Access Toolbar
I am using Excel 2007. I have read several articles on internet how to customize QAT. What I want to do is to add a button which shows as Home icon and then call a Marco from Home Icon to switch me to a specific worksheet. My excel file had several worksheets. While I am entering data in 10th worksheet and if I want to return to worksheet 1, I can click on Home icon.

How do I do that?

B

Ben McClave

Hello,

First, go to the VBA editor (ALT+F11), insert a new module (Insert>Module) and paste this code (where Sheet1 is the "Home" tab):

Sub GoHome()
Sheet1.Activate
'Sheet1.Range("A1").Activate
End Sub

Now, click the Office Button > Excel Options. From there, click Customize.In the "Choose Commands" drop down, select "Macros". Click the "GoHome" macro and Add it to the QAT. Once it shows up on the right side of the screen, click the "GoHome" macro and click "Modify" to assign it a picture (there is a Home picture that seems to be the logical choice). Click OK and voila! Now, you can click the Home icon from the QAT and it will take you directly to the Home tab. Alternatively, you could go to a specific cell on the tab by removing the apostrophe from the second line of the macro.

Ben

Z

zigzagdna

Hello, First, go to the VBA editor (ALT+F11), insert a new module (Insert>Module) and paste this code (where Sheet1 is the "Home" tab): Sub GoHome()Sheet1.Activate 'Sheet1.Range("A1").Activate End Sub Now, click the OfficeButton > Excel Options. From there, click Customize. In the "Choose Commands" drop down, select "Macros". Click the "GoHome" macro and Add it to the QAT. Once it shows up on the right side of the screen, click the "GoHome" macro and click "Modify" to assign it a picture (there is a Home picture that seems to be the logical choice). Click OK and voila! Now, you can click the Home icon from the QAT and it will take you directly to the Home tab. Alternatively, you could go to a specific cell on the tab by removing the apostrophe from the second line of the macro. Ben

Ben:

Thanks so much, your response so useful.

B

bart.smissaert

Subject: Customize Quick Access Toolbar
I am using Excel 2007. I have read several articles on internet  how tocustomize QAT. What I want to do is to add a button which shows as Home icon and then call a Marco from Home Icon to switch me to a specific worksheet. My excel file had several worksheets. While I am entering data in 10th worksheet and if I want to return to worksheet 1, I can click on Home icon.

How do I do that?

The standard way to do this is with an add-in, so a .xla file. Have a
look at that.

RBS

Ask a Question