Data Collection by Email

Reaction score
Hi,

my company has meetings all over the world with different people every couple of days. Sending out invitations and manually going through them to get the data on how many nights at the hotel every person needs is usually a big time consumer on this planning stage.
I figured using the Access Data Collection I might be able to automate this process.
What I had in mind is that as a result I'd have a query where I can type in the unique event key and get a list of the people with their specific check in/check out dates.

I've encountered two major problems:

1. Is there a way to get the senders e-mail addresses or name in the automated form without that person manually typing it in?
2. The event key is in the subject of the e-mail, is there a way to include the subject itself in the readout?

Because all I'd be able to get now is a random list of dates with no connection of who wanted it and not filtered by single events, so it would be pretty pointless. :)

Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question