data merge for avery name tag

T

Tsingtb

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to make name tags using my Excel file as data manage merge file. I was successful in data merge, but I cannot get the print merge to include some jpg. images that I would like to be included on the name tags. I can see the jpg. on each individual preview record, but when I print merge them, the jpg. file disappears, only the merged data from Excel file.
Tsing

M

macropod

Hi Tsingtb,

How is your merge field for the images constructed? Ideally, it should look something like:
{IF {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "C:\Users\My Document Path\Pictures\«Image»"} \d} {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "C:\Users\My Document
Path\Pictures\«Image»"} \d}}
or
{IF {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "C:\Users\My Document Path\Pictures\{MERGEFIELD Image}"} \d} {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "C:\Users\My
Document Path\Pictures\{MERGEFIELD Image}"} \d}}

T

Tsingtb

I should have said that the JPG. image that I used is constant for all Name tag, not a proper merge field. I am using a microsoft 2008 for Mac. The other constant features appear properly, but the same image for all name tags are missing when I print merge at the very last stage. I can see the image in the individual preview.
Tsing

P

Peter Jamieson

This problem has been seen before.

Last time, the two main suggestions were as follows:

"Put the graphic in a text box"

"Use an INCLUDEPICTURE field to insert the graphic"

(I researched the latter and it seemed to work - i.e. there is a new
problem related to the new graphic engine in Word when using mailmerge,
and it seems to be solved by using INCLUDEPICTURE). So macropod's reply
could be what you need even if it is the same graphic you need every time).

Unfortunately we never learned if either suggestion actually worked in
practice.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Ask a Question